Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our little bundle of joy!

Pratt is now 10 days old and we can't believe how the time has flown. We love this little guy so much. Motherhood is so fun and kinda harder than I thought it would be..not so much the mothering part but the no sleeping part and the super crazy emotions. Poor Tyson doesn't know what's going on with me. I cry at the drop of a hat over nothing. Yesterday was the first night Tyson went back to work and I cried when he left and then cried when my parents left that night and then cried when I called Ty to tell him we were trying to go to bed. But I would never give him back. We love him so much.
He seems like he's already changed so much in the last 10 days. I can't believe how much he's changed.
These are my boys! Hatch has been a little jealous of Pratt. He's so used to getting all of the attention that I think he feels like he's being shafted. We've been trying to spend special time with Hatch to keep him feeling like he's part of the family still.

Pratt had his first doctors appointment a couple of days after we brought him home. When he left the hospital he had lost 7 ounces. We went home on Saturday and by the time we went to the doctor on Tuesday he was back to his birth weight. Needless to say our kid likes to eat. The doctor said they like to have them back to their birth weight by 2 weeks old. He loves to eat though and is already getting some little rolls on his legs. Our pediatrician is really nice and we like him a lot.
He got circumcised that same day and I cried when they took him. Being a mom is hard. You don't like to see your baby hurting.
Hatch isn't so sure about Pratt right now. He's pretty good with him and likes to lick his face but we have to watch him constantly. We are sure that when Pratt is a little older they'll be best friends. Pratt doesn't mind Hatch at all.
Hatch loves my Boppy. He thinks it's his new bed.

Our new little family getting ready to leave the hospital.

Uncle Kerry came down from Idaho yesterday and hung out all day. He loved holding Pratt.
Uncle Greg loves him too!
As does Uncle Jordan
And Grandpa Roland
And Grandma Debi.
And Grandma Chris can't get enough of him. I'm surer she has thousands of pictures of him already.
Pratt and Aunt Megan
We took this picture right before we headed to the hospital to be induced. So here's the before being induced...
And the after! Our little buddy came out SCREAMING!! He's got a good set of lungs. We have been so blessed to have this little miracle in our home. He is such a good baby! Although he came out screaming he hardly makes a peep now unless he's hungry. We just love him.
Sorry there's so many pictures. I just had a hard time choosing. Thanks to everyone who supported us through all of this and who brought dinners. You'll never know how much we appreciate everything that has been done. We love you all!

8 comments:

Rebecca McNair said...

Darling! I can't wait to see him! I am for sure coming over some time this week Layne and I are almost completely better! Let me know if you need anything, I am sure you have lots of help though!Oh and I love all of the pictures it is never too many!

Bowmans said...

He is sooooo adorable!! They do change very fast.... so do not blink!! You can tell he is loved very much! I hope everything is going well jumping back into the swing of things.

cheeks said...

SO CUTE!!! I love the little munchkin! I'm laughing at Hatch and his ticked off face in the picture of just him and pratt...he looks like he's mad he has to share the boppy! They will be pals soon enough! Hope you're doing well! AND THE CRYING THING....as far as i'm concerned you are 100% NORMAL!! ha ha

AshnRuss said...

I love to hear the babies first cry. That is my favorite part of labor or being done with labor. I think he looks like you. What a sweet little boy. I cried all the time. I was always worried about my kids eating enough or if they were sleeping enough. Once I put them on a schedule it made things so much better. Cherish this time because they grow up so fast. I love it when the are so tiny and she always cuddle! He is such a sweet baby! You look so great! congrats again! I am so happy for you!

Laura said...

What a cutie! We see Dr. Fennell too, don't you just love him! He is a great Dr. and great with the kids too!

Steph said...

So stinking cute you guys! And Jill you look fabulous! I understand te hormone thing...it will pass..i promise...PLEASE call me if there is anything I can do for you!!

Britney said...

I love all the pictures! He is already changing so much! I especially love all of the pictures with his family holding him, so cute! And poor Hatch!

kylee said...

Yay! He's adorable! Congratulations!
Does he look like Greg kinda??
Jill the crying is normal and will pass.. And do cherish this time right now because it really does fly by! Love every minute of it cause the next thing you know he will be telling you "no mom" like Jaxon. :)
Babies are the best thing in life! I wanna see the little guy before he is a year old.. ha! :)